Thursday, January 26, 2012

Miracle Baby Blanket


Pattern: Infinite Entrelac 488 by Lucy Neatby

Yarn: Kauni Wool 8/2 Effektgarn, 1 ball

Colourway: W-ES

This blanket is made for a very special mother and child. This woman never expected to conceive. She was thought infertile. Her partner was also thought infertile. And what do you know, a miracle occurred. The baby is doing very well in utero and will be born soon. Blanket done on time (for a change)! Which is another miracle of sorts!

Didn’t do the yarn wraps as in the pattern. Instead I slipped the stitch as if to purl. I think this resulted in a more prominent right & wrong side. But I don’t care - it made the project a lot less finicky.

The yarn is beautiful to look at, but I think it is not ideal for a baby blanket. It is too scratchy and can only be hand washed.

I think zauberball stonewashed would be a much better choice of yarn for this project and colourway.

No comments: