Monday, September 17, 2007

Question 17 0907

It is that time of month again! Time for question 17 of course! (what else could you be thinking?!). Here it is...


What is your current favourite yarn? Why?

This is hard for me, I have so many favourites! For now I have narrowed it down to two choices:

Eva 8 ply (Aran weight, 55% silk / 45% cashmere yarn. Each skein is 55 g / 100 yards) in colourway "Love is..." by Posh Yarn. It is such a tactile treat. If I could use only one word to describe it, it would be sumptuous. I am completing a project using this yarn and will post it in the next few weeks.

Now I can't resist posting a second yarn. Panda Sock Yarn (60 % super wash merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon, 400 yds per skein, 7 sts=1") in colourway Strawberry patch by Seacoast Handpainted Yarns. The yarn is super soft and has a wonderful sheen. I made a lovely pair of Sundara Murphy's Calla Lily socks for my Grandmother in this yarn. I will post these socks next week.

No comments: