Saturday, September 6, 2008

Perfect for Fall

Interweave Knits Photo

Pattern: Montego Bay Scarf
Designer: Amy R. Singer (of Knitty.com, of course)
Magazine: Interweave Knits Summer 2007
Yarn: Yarn Handmaiden Sea Silk (70% silk, 30% Seacell; 440 yd [400 m]/100 g)
Colour: Periwinkle, 1 skein


Mine: Oasis (100% SOYSILK® 240yds / 100g ball)
Colour: Passion 059; 2 balls
Tension: 5 sts and 8 rows = 1" US 6 (4.0mm)
Care Instructions: Hand wash and lay flat to dry

I love the lovely sumptuous drape of this scarf. It is so simply feminine. The knitting goes very quickly - the most detail oriented portion of the scarf is the braided fringe. With this yarn I did not need nearly all of the fringe lengths suggested in the pattern. Too bad I didn't document how much I did use (sorry).

Here is a close up of the fringe. I think the braiding was worth the effort. This pattern is one that I will likely knit over and over again. I am so happy with the results.

3 comments:

StarKnits said...

i love that scarf, i'll have to knit it! your's is beautiful

Ruth said...

Thanks Allena for your comment. I am sure you too will love this project!

Anonymous said...

And it's such a pleasure to wear!