Saturday, June 2, 2007

Just in time for summer


Hunter V-neck Sweater - DONE!

This pattern is my modification of the Rowan Knitting Magazine, Number 29, page 70 sweater designed by Kim Hargraves. It is a loose fitting sweater, finger-tip length, with modified drop sleeves. All finished edges are rolled (body, cuff, and V-neck). It measures 56" across the chest. It required 19 skeins (50 gm) of Cotton Classic by Tahki (Royal Blue 3870) to complete.

This sweater relatively heavy and I want to strengthen the shoulder seams. I will wash it and then stitch reinforcing bands to the wrong side of the shoulder seams.

Now that is a lot of stocking stitch!

Edited to Add (ETA): Brat asked if this was the true colour. I am happy to say this exactly the correct colour - at least on my monitor!

June 4th: The sweater has washed up beautifully and I have decided to forgo the reinforced shoulder seams. So now, it truly is done!

No comments: