Monday, June 11, 2007

Multi-tasking

Brown Betty Teapot

I love tea and I was lucky enough to get a Brown Betty Teapot! It makes such lovely tea. One thing though, it cools off if we take our time drinking it. The solution, of course, is to make a tea cosy. And I have done it (Emu, No. 6196 - Striped Cosy with Pom-Pon). My love is teasing me that I now have truly become an old fogey! I will take pictures soon. / I tried the pom-pon but did not like it. Instead I crocheted a modified Bachelor's Button. I also crocheted a hot pad for the bottom of the teapot. / The yarn I have used is Patons Shetland Chunky - Earthy Brown and Canyon Variegated from my stash. / I had purchased this yarn for another Pick-up Diamond Helmet, Knitter's Magazine K77, Winter 2004, p. 46 (the one pictured here is also knit with Patons Shetland Chunky) but to make the tea cosy instead.

Shetland Chunky, Earthy BrownShetland Chunky, Canyon Variegated
Pick-up Diamond Helmet
Reversible Cable Knit ScarfI am also doing more work on my Reversible Cable Knit Scarf. I am loving it. (Sorry, this is an old photo.)
Catalina ShawlI have started the Catalina Shawl with Fiddlesticks Garnet Lace yarn. It is 50% silk and 50% merino wool. This is my first lace project and there has been a steep learning curve. I think I have had to rip out at least 5 times! I am making headway now. Pictures are coming.
Eva 8 plyAfter seeing Jared's zeebee and garter stitch scarf I knew I had to make one too. (see his entries for 5.29.2007 and 6.07.2007) I am making my own with Dee's Posh Yarn, Eva 8 ply cashmere & silk in Love is... colourway. Truly luscious!
Lady Godiva, RenaissanceAnd I have added another project to my list (the only one I will admit to today). I want to make a Clapotis wrap in Hand Maiden fine yarn, Lady Godiva, Renaissance Colourway. I bought this yarn from an American shop (lovely to do business with them) and had to pay duty when it arrived (ouch). And it burned all the more when I found out that Hand Maiden fine yarn is hand dyed in Canada!

I have not touched my Autumn Afternoons Cardigan since March...

No comments: