How dangerous it is to read of yarn sales! Often it is more than I can do to resist...
I thought I would torture the rest of you with some of my finds. Can you resist?
- Have you checked out Yarn by the Bag? They always have some inventory clearance of yarns (by the bag) for $10 - 15! I was lucky enough to purchase some Dream Yarn by Marks & Kattens (Swedish) and Cotton BIG Sport Yarn by Idena (Swedish). The store is located in Victoria, BC. Lucky Canadians; the prices listed in US dollars are at PAR for our dollar. Shipping is free if you purchase $100+ of their regularly priced items! Their customer service is very friendly and responsive.
- Jimmy Bean's Wool has some Rowan Cashsoft ($6.36) and Rowan Plaid ($10.17) on sale. I found the customer service representative so helpful. I wasn't sure about a colour; she went, got a sample, phoned me back and gave me an accurate description of the yarn! What service!
- Little Knits has some tremendous sales on now. They have this luxurious Peru Luxury DK yarn composed of 70% Merino, 20% Alpaca and 10% Silk. It looks like it will have terrific stitch definition and be very soft next to the skin. A bag of 10 skeins is 57% off! (I blame Gabriella of g.bella knits for posting the link to this site.)
- Now for those of you who are eBay addicted I would suggest you stay away from The Cucumber Patch UK eStore. (I should stay away too!) She has some amazing sales on now. Rowan Plaid is available for $7.51 Canadian. And shipping is free! I also found an amazing deal on bamboo DPNs. "skyridersince2005" sells all types of bamboo knitting needles and crochet hooks.
- And I accuse My Merino Mantra of posting triggering photos. Who wouldn't what to knit up an her Entrelac Lady Eleanor Stole? And then, right under this post she had to post about Rowan Tapestry yarn. Now I am obsessed with getting my own stash! (Gorgeous photos, by the way).
Ah, such delicious desire for these dreamy fibers! And the wonderful ache of anticipation for the mail carrier to deliver me.