Saturday, April 7, 2007

one step forward

A boy's own jacket
The ShineSport (in River & Sky) arrived on Thursday from Knitpicks. It feels wonderful. I knit up a swatch using 4 mm (instead of 5 mm as indicated for Rowan's Calmer) and the tension matched! The problem is that I think the swatch is too limp for a jacket. So I broke down and purchased the required amount of Calmer in Slosh & Calmer colours! So now what to do with the ShineSport? Since the Knitpicks yarn is fairly inexpensive I don't think it is worth while to return the yarn. I don't like the idea of paying shipping twice and having nothing to show for it! The swatch made me think, this would make a luscious camisole. So I am considering Interweave Knits Lace Nightie (Spring 2007) or a version of Erika Knight's cotton camisole (Classic Knits, p. 83). Still, the colours River and Sky are not what I would have chosen if I had planned to make these projects. Perhaps I will exchange these balls for something else. I hope the Calmer arrives soon - I don't want to cut it too close to the wee one's birthday!

Initial Post: baby boy blue

Easy Granny Quilt Afghan
I have tried both a chain stitch and an invisible stitch to join the squares. I really prefer the invisible stitch - it looks more classic. The chain stitch created a more rustic look. Some may have liked it, but it's not for me. I am about 1/4 through piecing it together. So far I am quite happy with the the result. Pictures will follow.

Initial Post: long overdue
Related Post(s): squares are done , memories of colour

Hunter V-neck Sweater
I am about 2/3 done the back. That's a lot of stocking stitch, for sure. But I don't mind, I find it soothing at the end of the day.

Intial Post: something my love will wear

No comments: